Seah Seow Kang Steven
Commissioner for Oaths & Notary Public
Steven was educated at Anglo Chinese School Singapore and graduated from the University of Singapore in 1980 with LLB (Hons). In 1988, he obtained the Dip of Bus Law from the National University of Singapore. He was called to the Bar in 1981 and has been in practice since then. He established the firm of Seah Leong & Partners together with Ms Mary Leong in January 1990 and the firm is now known as Seah Ong & Partners LLP.
Steven’s previous work experiences were with :-
|i.||Ng Ong & Chee||Legal Assistant||1980|
|ii.||Saddique Durai & Partners||Legal Assistant||1983|
|iii.||Ng Ong & Chee||Partner||1984|
|iv.||Wendy Wong & Seah||Partner||1987|
Steven’s areas of practice include:-
- Negligence claims – accident
- Insurance – motor and life
- Property – conveyance and tenancies
- Family related matters – probate, divorces, wills
- Corporate matters
- Debt recovery
- Employment and Labour matters
Steven has extensive litigation experience in both the civil and criminal bar. He had conducted trials in the State Courts and the High Court, and appeals in the Court of Appeal. He has experience in handling Strata Board matters on collective sales and management corporation matters. He is also a member of the Law Society of Singapore, Singapore Academy of Law and the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators. Steven is Chairman of the Review Committee and Inquiry Panel of the Law Society of Singapore. He sits as a member of the Disciplinary Tribunal.
His appointments/services include:-
- Panel of Principal Mediators with the Singapore Mediation Centre.
- Panel of Primary Justice Lawyers with Community justice Centre
- Panel Solicitor with Legal Aid Bureau
- Panel Solicitor with Collaborative Family Practice Lawyers
- Volunteer lawyer with the Law Society Criminal Legal Aid Scheme
- Tutor – Singapore Institute of Legal Education
- Lay Member – SingHealth Centralised Institutional Review Board
- Referee of the Small Claims Tribunals – 1 Aug 2015 – 31 July 2017.
- Member of Singapore Institute of Directors
He served on various organizations, among them:-
- Criminal Legal Aid Scheme of Law Society of Singapore (1986 – 1987)
- Criminal Law Advisory Hearing/Review Committee (1988 – 2014)
- Bukit Gombak Neighbourhood Two Centre Traders Association (Legal Advisor)
- SAFRA Swing Singapore 1988 and 1990 (Legal Advisor)
- SAF Make-up Pay Appeal Advisory Board (Member)
- SAF Football Club (Legal Advisor)
Steven is an Independent Director of IPC Corporation Ltd and Wilton Resources Corporation Limited and chairs the Remuneration and Nominating Committee respectively.