Tan Chee Kiong
Chee Kiong was educated at Duman High School and Victoria Junior College. He graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1996 with Second Upper Honours and was called to the Bar in 1997. He first practised in the firm of M/s Cooma Lau and Loh and joined our firm, previously known as Seah Leong & Partners in 1997.
Chee Kiong’s areas of practice include:
- Negligence claims
- Insurance – motor and life
- Family related litigation – divorces and ancillary claims for custody, maintenance and division of matrimonial assets
- Corporate claims – winding up, judicial management and re-structuring matters
- Debt recovery
- Strata living related matters
- Criminal matters
- Construction related claims
- Employment advice
Chee Kiong is the principal litigator in the firm. His experience extends to civil and criminal matters in the State Courts and High Court. Chee Kiong has conducted trials in the State Courts and the High Court and appeals in both the High Court and the Court of Appeal. He has also appeared before the Family Justice Courts, Strata Titles Board and Land Acquisitions Board. Chee Kiong was the lead counsel at the Strata Title Board hearing for the consenting owners in the successful collective sale of One Balmoral . He is also a member of the Law Society of Singapore and the Singapore Law Academy.